Last update: June 7, 2022.
Our vehicles are designed so that 2 people sleep inside and some of our vehicles can accommodate 4 people for transport (by request only). The minimum driving age is 21. If you are two people driving, each person must sign a contract.
We require a minimum deposit of 25% of the rental amount in order to reserve your dates. The rest of the invoice must be paid two weeks prior to your departure date.
If your departure is in less than 14 days, we ask for full payment of the rental invoice.
Our accepted payment methods are Interac, Wise and credit card through PayPal.
Any cancellation request must be made in writing via email to email@example.com.
You can cancel up to two (2) weeks before your departure and we will reimburse you your deposit of 25% minus any transaction fees from PayPal, Interac or Wise.
If you cancel after this time, we keep 25% of the total rental amount.
The minimum driving age is 21 and over.
All drivers must have a valid driver’s license in Quebec and in all the provinces or states they plan to visit, for the entire rental period of the vehicle.
You can add a 2nd driver at no cost – as long as he meets the same conditions as the main driver.
All drivers must be present when picking up the vehicle and have their valid driver’s license in hand.
If you are two people driving, each person must sign a contract.
The insurance fee of $ 21 per day + tax is mandatory. This protection offers civil liability insurance (up to 3M) as well as protection against collisions, fire, theft, vandalism.
This insurance covers damage caused directly or occasionally to an insured vehicle or its equipment and accessories; and the disappearance of an insured vehicle or its equipment and accessories.
This damage or disappearance must result from the occurrence of a risk covered by the applicable protection. Any damage resulting from an accident will be fully covered by the acquired insurance.
- EXCEPTIONS: Risks not covered are attributable to irregular use of the vehicle. Irregular use of the vehicle is described by the following situations: off-road driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving under the influence of drugs, dangerous driving, driving at speed over the legal limits.
- DEDUCTIBLE: The deductible for this insurance is $ 275. That is to say: in the event of damage or disappearance, you must pay the first $ 275 of the costs and the rest will be entirely assumed by Lazy Camper Van (Caravanage inc.).
Vehicle condition report
When the vehicle is picked up and returned, an assessment of the condition of the vehicle will be established between the two parties.
A security deposit of $ 1000 is due before your departure. This deposit is payable through PayPal and is fully refundable.
It is only used when one of the following clauses apply:
- LATE RETURNS: any late return will incur a fee of $ 11 + tx per hour of delay and will be taken from the security deposit. Note that you cannot return after 12:00 p.m. unless you have a prior agreement.
- ADDITIONAL MILEAGE: vehicle rental includes 250km per rental day included in the price. Additional kilometers are charged $ 0.17 + tx per kilometer and taken from the security deposit. Departure and return mileage will be entered on the vehicle report.
- MISSING STATE OF CLEANLINESS: the tenant is responsible for returning the minivan in the same state of cleanliness as when taking possession. You are responsible for cleaning the vehicle, including the sink, propane stove, counter, dishes, etc. It is not allowed to smoke inside our vehicles. A cleaning fee of $ 110 + tx will be billed if the level of cleanliness is not acceptable or if there are smells of tobacco or marijuana.
- GASOLINE MISSING: The lessee acknowledges that the vehicle’s gas tank is full at the time of taking possession. He accepts that he will bear the cost of gasoline during his trip and must return the vehicle with the same level of gasoline as when he left. Failure to bring the tank filled will result in us charging a 21 $ administrative fee. We will also charge the missing liters at the average market price of the day.
- BREAKAGE OR LOSS OF EQUIPMENT: The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as when it was made available to the lessee. All new deteriorations on the vehicle noted on the return vehicle condition report will be the responsibility of the tenant. For cars that come with roof boxes, attempting to remove the roof box and not re-installing it properly can result in us charging you a $ 110 + tx fee.
Fines and penalties
If the driver is fined or penalized for violating the highway code or public and private parking regulations, he is required to pay the fine. We reserve the right to provide the renter’s contact details as well a copy of the rental agreement to the entity from which the fine originates.
If necessary, we will contact the tenant and we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee of $ 110 + tx for this inconvenience.
In the event we receive a toll fee by mail or fees for paid highways that were incurred during your rental, we will send you the invoice and ask for full reimbursement.
Breakdowns on the road
If the tenant experiences a mechanical breakdown, he must contact the road assistance provided by the rental and then contact Caravanage inc. to inform us of the situation.
Information and contact details to reach roadside assistance will be provided to you before your departure.
Note that performing mechanical, electrical or bodywork work on the vehicle is strictly prohibited. Failure to contact us and continue to drive or repair the vehicle yourself will result in a security deposit for total loss.
Breakage or theft
The tenant is responsible for contacting the police and Caravanage inc. at 514-531-7666 if he is the victim of theft.
Note that damage to the windshield, tires, wheels, windows and body of the vehicle are the responsibility of the tenant.
Removal, modification or replacement of any part of the vehicle is prohibited.
Restricted travel areas
Off-road driving is prohibited. The renter is responsible for all damage to the vehicle, tires, towing costs and other costs that may result from its use in restricted areas.
All rented vehicles must remain on Quebec soil, unless there is a prior written agreement. If the vehicle leaves Quebec without prior agreement, the tenant’s security deposit will be entirely retained by Caravanage inc.
Loss and theft of objects inside our vehicles
You release us from any liability for damage or theft of any items or goods that you may have left in one of our vehicles.
NOTE: Our vans are designed for two (2) people only UNLESS you choose the option for 4 people (suppl. fee). If there are two of you driving, each person must sign their copy of the contract.