Last update: April 17, 2023
Our vehicles are designed for two (2) people maximum in 2023. Children younger than 12 are not allowed because our cars don’t have seats in the back. To read more about our offer, visit this FAQ page.
The minimum driving age is 21. If you are two people driving, each person must sign a contract.
Our meet up point is in Verdun, 2 minutes away from the de l’Église metro station. All pick ups and returns must be done at the same location as we don’t offer one way rentals.
For the 2023 season, pickup and drop-off times will be between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm.
We require a minimum deposit of 50% of the rental amount in order to reserve your dates. The rest of the invoice must be paid three (3) weeks prior to your departure date.
If your departure is in less than 3 weeks we ask for full payment of the rental invoice.
Our main accepted payment methods are credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discovery, Apple Pay), as well as direct transfers via Interac, Wise and Revolut.
A Paypal account is needed to place an authorization that acts as the security deposit of 1000 $. This deposit is payable via a unique PayPal link which places a pre-authorization (a hold, not a charge) of $1000 on a PayPal account. This deposit is fully refundable upon return. Additional charges such as extra mileage, loss of equipment, etc. will be charged separately on return, within 24-48 hours after the van is returned to our location. These fees can be paid via Interac, Wise, Revolut.
Any cancellation request must be made in writing via email to email@example.com.
You can cancel up to three (3) weeks before your departure and we will reimburse you your deposit of 50% minus any applicable transaction fees.
If you cancel after this time, we keep 50% of the total rental amount.
The minimum driving age is 21 and over.
All drivers must have a valid driver’s license in Quebec and in all the provinces or states they plan to visit, for the entire rental period of the vehicle.
You can add a 2nd driver at no cost – as long as he meets the same conditions as the main driver.
All drivers must be present when picking up the vehicle and have their valid driver’s license in hand.
If you are two people driving, each person must sign a contract.
The insurance fee of $ 21 per day + tax is mandatory. This protection offers civil liability insurance (up to 3M) as well as protection against collisions, fire, theft, vandalism.
This insurance covers damage caused directly or occasionally to an insured vehicle or its equipment and accessories; and the disappearance of an insured vehicle or its equipment and accessories.
This damage or disappearance must result from the occurrence of a risk covered by the applicable protection. Any damage resulting from an accident will be fully covered by the acquired insurance.
- EXCEPTIONS: Risks not covered are attributable to irregular use of the vehicle. Irregular use of the vehicle is described by the following situations: off-road driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving under the influence of drugs, dangerous driving, driving at speed over the legal limits.
- DEDUCTIBLE: The deductible for this insurance is $ 300 in 2023. That is to say: in the event of damage or disappearance, you must pay the first $ 300 of the costs and the rest will be entirely assumed by Lazy Camper Van (Caravanage inc.).
Vehicle condition report
When the vehicle is picked up and returned, an assessment of the condition of the vehicle will be established between the two parties.
A security deposit of $ 1000 is due before departure. This deposit is payable via a unique PayPal link which places a pre-authorization (a hold, not a charge) of $1000 on a PayPal account.
This deposit is fully refundable upon return. Additional charges such as extra mileage, loss of equipment, etc. will be charged separately on return, within 24-48 hours after the van is returned to our location. These fees can be paid via Interac, Wise or Revolut.
Here’s some of the additional charges we may bill:
- LATE RETURNS: any late return will incur a fee of $ 11 + tx per hour of delay. Note that the van cannot be returned after 12:00 p.m. unless there’s a prior agreement.
- ADDITIONAL MILEAGE: vehicle rental includes 250km per rental day included in the price of Classic option or 300 km in the Deluxe option. Additional kilometers are charged $ 0.20 + tx per kilometer in 2023. Departure and return mileage will be recorded upon departure and arrival.
- MISSING STATE OF CLEANLINESS: the renter is responsible for returning the van in the same state of cleanliness as when taking possession. They are responsible for cleaning the vehicle, including the sink, propane stove, counter, dishes, etc. It is not allowed to smoke inside our vehicles. A cleaning fee of $ 110 + tx will be billed if the level of cleanliness is not acceptable or if there are strong smells of tobacco or marijuana.
- GASOLINE MISSING: The renter acknowledges that the vehicle’s gas tank is full at the time of taking possession. They accept that they will bear the cost of gasoline during their trip and must return the vehicle with a full tank. Failure to bring the tank filled will result in us charging a 21 $ administrative fee. Moreover, we will also charge the missing liters at the average market price of the day.
- BREAKAGE OR LOSS OF EQUIPMENT: The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as when it was made available to the renter. All new deteriorations on the vehicle noted on the return vehicle condition report will be the responsibility of the renter. For cars that come with roof boxes, attempting to remove the roof box and not re-installing it properly can result in us charging a $ 110 + tx fee.
Fines and penalties
If the driver is fined or penalized for violating the highway code or public and private parking regulations, they are required to pay the fine. We reserve the right to provide the renter’s contact details as well a copy of the rental agreement to the entity from which the fine originates.
If necessary, we will contact the renter and we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee on 110$ + tx if needed.
In the event we receive a toll fee by mail or fees for paid highways that were incurred during a rental, we will send the renter the invoice and ask for full reimbursement.
Breakdowns on the road
If the renter experiences a mechanical breakdown, they must contact Caravanage inc. to inform of the situation.
Note that performing mechanical, electrical or bodywork work on the vehicle is strictly prohibited. Failure to contact us and continue to drive or repair the vehicle yourself will result in extra fees.
Breakage or theft
The renter is responsible for contacting the police and Caravanage inc. at 514-531-7666 they are victim of theft.
Note that damage to the windshield, tires, wheels, windows and body of the vehicle are the responsibility of the renter.
Removal, modification or replacement of any part of the vehicle is prohibited.
Restricted travel areas
Off-road driving is prohibited. The renter is responsible for all damage to the vehicle, tires, towing costs and other costs that may result from its use in restricted areas.
All rented vehicles must remain in Canada and the U.S. If you are planning on going to a remote location (e.g. Alaska) you must let us know in advance.
Loss and theft of objects inside our vehicles
You release us from any liability for damage or theft of any items or goods that you may have left in one of our vehicles or parking spots.
Early termination of the rental due to events of force majeure
Any rental agreement may be terminated when the rental car can no longer be used due to natural disasters or other events of force majeure, accidents not attributable to the renter, theft, malfunctions or other reasons which cannot be attributed to the tenant. In such a case, Caravanage inc. will exempt the renter from the rental costs from the moment the rental car can no longer be used.